The Battle of Verneuil 17 August 1424

The Battle of Verneuil 17th August



1424


Tuesday, 28 September 2010

English Man at Arms Step by Step II

Sorry this post is a little late; it's been a very buisy time here in sunny Durham.

OK, here's the pic of the men at arms with the armour fully painted. In the time since my last post the PO delivered the Andrea 'Silver' metal set to my door. I have used the lightest colour in their set to add an intermediate hue to the fully harnessed knights. With the 'lesser' man at arms I just stopped at the Andrea highlight and dropped the Mithril Silver- I think that it has had the desired effect in that they are hopefully looking slightly less bling! Note that I have also made a point of going over any areas between the plates where my brush may have strayed, this gives greater definition to the armour and neatens everything up to boot.


Next up will be the painting of the gambeson, the coat of plates and everything else. Should be done in a day or so.

Darrell.

1 comment:

  1. whooo - nice shiny white armour, neat and very effective Darrell.

    ReplyDelete