The Battle of Verneuil 17 August 1424

The Battle of Verneuil 17th August



1424


Saturday, 4 September 2010

English Vignettes

I've posted these on my other website in the Gallery, I wasn't really going to post them here but they are just as relevent to the demo game of Verneuil as to sitting pretty in the Gallery on the other site! Also they are perfect to be used in the role of Impetus markers for the game and will look a lot better than placing counters on the table. The idea is that each unit will have some casualty markers or such like on round bases that will be used to determine how much VBU a unit may have lost etc.

I'm not a great fan of putting down tokens and that sort of thing, though I do recognice that it is often a necessary evil in many games. These vignettes will eliminate this factor and hopefully add something to the aesthetic of the game.











                                                                                                                                                                      
Well, that's about it for today. Partizan is tomorrow and I still have a load of work to do for one or two of clients so I had better get to it :O)
Darrell.




10 comments:

  1. I follow the same principle about tokens and much prefer Vignettes wherever possible.

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's the way forward my friend :O)

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. exellent blog! im really looking forward to seeing more,
    which nobles do you plan to cover?
    count of wymborn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count,

    At the moment I'm concentrating my efforts on the English battles. I've got one more base to do for Bedfords battle and then I move on to Salisbury's Battle. Obviously the Earl of Salisbury will be there, Gough and various others. All will become plain to see in the next few weeks.

    For the French I plan to include duke of Alençon and the viscounts of Narbonne and Aumale, who nominally at least, lead the Lombard/French cavalry charge.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All sounds like a good plan, looking forward to seeing them. I'm just finishing a small Aumale vignette, which I'll post up soon - hope I've got the heraldry right?
    Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just bought some Vexillia barded hoss flesh- maybe a bit late but I plan to convert a few- horsey head swap style :O)

    They're actually almost perfect for sitting the Perry's Ag. to Orl. men at arms on although they do lean forward slightly so I will be adding a small amount of green stuff to round them off.

    i've got a few half painted bits and bobs about but my first aim is to add the extra 60x60mm base for Bedfords battle. This should be finished very soon- fingers crossed.

    Darrell.

    PS. Did you get my e-mail with my phone number on? If not it's on my website in the contacts section mon ami.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darrell,
    No emails rec'd to date, but will ring you. A weekend would be best for me, but not this one I'm afraid (18/19th) as taking eldest daughter to start life at Uni.
    Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, it may be the case that I think I have sent it! wouldn't be the first time :O)

    It's the same as on my website but I'll send you my mobile number anyway as it will be easier to access.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice as usual, following this blog as it is a subject of great interest, and of course some really nice Medieval type piccies too! Spotted some of the viginettes in the recent gaming press, getting about, which is nice. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete