The Battle of Verneuil 17 August 1424

The Battle of Verneuil 17th August



1424


Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Verneuil Pamphlet Sneek Peak...

As there hasn't been a post here for a little while I thought I'd add the map thatnwill be appearing on the handouts for Salute this weekend. It'staken from an old edition of Hobilar, No 24 and also contains an article by Pat McGill on the battle. there are a couple of other old Hobilar's that have info on the battle and these along side Michael K Jones essay The Battle of Verneuil (17th August 1424): Towards a History of Courage have formed the background for our demo game.

I'll dig out the other Hobilars pertaining to the battle and let you know the relevent editions. for those of you who aren't aware of Hobilar.... it's a bi-monthly journal published by the Lance and Longbow Society and is available from the link above if you join the society. Well worth the money IMHO. The Lance and Longbow Society also have a series of publications covering many battles, heraldry and many other aspect of Medieval history that have served me well over the years.

8 comments:

  1. Wish I had a chance to see it, but sadly I won't be able too. Make sure you fill the blog with some pics of it.

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christopher,

    worry not mon ami. There will be plenty of pice dotted about the net- not least on this blog and Simon's too of course.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The very best wishes for this weekend Darrel, I hope it goes well and you have an excellent day.

    Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stuart,

    Thanks- should be a jolly jaunt. Of course, I'm still finishing off stuff now :O)

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have seen the pictures of the game from Salute - absolutely magnificent.

    Are you are able to tell me where the castle / town walls came from?

    Thanks
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Richard,

    I'll be posting some pics from the demo game at Salute here very soon.

    The castle belongs to Simon, my partner in crime. It's a Hudson and Allen model that has been heavily modified by a modeller who's name I have forgotten.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your passion for historical knowledge - thanks for stopping by the Knight Craft blog - I will stop by often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr Bigglesworth,

    The pleasure is all mine. Sculpting is one part of the hobby that has so far proved to be very elusive for me so it's a pleasure to watch the progress of someone doing something that, frankly feels like the 'dark arts' to me :O)))

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete