The Battle of Verneuil 17 August 1424

The Battle of Verneuil 17th August



1424


Thursday, 28 April 2011

Verneuil Vignettes

I threw together some vignettes from mostly already painted miniatures for the Verneuil demo. We use them in Impetus to mark units that are Disordered, essentially they act as a kind of casulaty marker, something absolutely crucial when putting on a demo game as the last thing you need is card markers cluttering up what would otherwise be an impressive view. Despite already having a number of these already made up, as it happenned on the day we didn't really have enough of these so there will be plenty more to come.
























6 comments:

  1. They all look just great Darrell, but the fallen knight really is just super!! I'm really a fan of casualty markers as they are not only useful in game terms, but really add atmosphere to a table. I agree in that if at all possible I don't like paper on my games tables.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these markers!

    I also have that fallen knight. Its from Foundry right?

    cant wait to see more pics from your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, I like the poor chap falling down, your a very skilled painter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought they looked great Darrell.
    As you say we needed more and I have some started on the painting table too.
    Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work, will add some nice points of character to the table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    Thanks to all for their comments :O)

    @Achilles- yeah, it's the Foundry model- it's just such a nice touch to have one on the table as the quality of the sculpting still shines through. I have another one that will be making it's way onto the tabletop at the next showing of our demo game, which will hopefully be Partizan in September.

    @Simon- very much looking forward to seeing what you do with the vignettes. I don't want to sound as if 'we're' blowing our own proverbial trumpets, but if we improve on the game then we may well end up with something even better than what we managed for Salute, which is always a good thing. "Wwhat sort of a man would I be if I did not try to make things better?" :O)

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete