The Battle of Verneuil 17 August 1424

The Battle of Verneuil 17th August



1424


Wednesday, 26 September 2012

English Battle Base 3

It's been a good while since I last posted anything of any real substance here on La Journee so it is with great pleasure that I can now post the third English Battle base!

To be honest all the hard work had been done, the miniatures painted and based, all there was to do was to add an the Flag of St. George and that was it. The figures had been sitting around for an age but I still just couldn't find the time to paint the banner. Funny really when you think of all the miniatures I have painted of late, though granted, mostly for other people. Anyway, the problem was eventually solved when David Imrie of Saxon Dog fame sent me a few banners with some of the beautifull Claymore Castings miniatures. Thanks David! The banner was made by Flags of War and they will be doing a full range of banners and standards for the Scots and the English for the Battle of Otterburn. 

So, without further ado.....









More to come soon..... can't have too many archers now can we?

4 comments:

  1. Stunning work !!!

    Realy lovely combat scene !

    best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, very dynamic, I like the idea of the enemy combatants on the base.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great base :-)I love the way the one piece large base gives a chance for a small diorama. I'm hoping to do the same with my 10mm Scots but they will be nowhere near that standard.Those are quality thanks for the inspiration.

    Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cracking mate, the reason why I moved to impetus mini dios!

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete