The Battle of Verneuil 17 August 1424

The Battle of Verneuil 17th August



1424


Friday, 6 February 2015

Claymore Castings Mounted Late Medieval/HYW Mounted Men at Arms

I've got permission from David from Claymore Castings and Saxon Dog Blog fame if it would be OK to present the new Claymore Castings Mounted Late Medieval/HYW Mounted Men at Arms on this blog of mine.

I'm not just plugging them for a friend but these sculpts have got me genuinely excited. I can say with confidence that I have never seen such dynamic sculpts for Mounted Men at Arms in my whole experience in wargaming/painting and that has been a long time! They are full of life and the rigours of Medieval mounted combat.  One of the sets is based upon blind King John of Bohemia's great chivalric but doomed charge at then Battle of Crecy and it is a superb piece of master sculpting.Matt Bickley has outdone himself with these sculpts! They really are amazing and I for one cannot wait to get my mitts on them and get them painted up!

I should say that all the miniatures come with different heads and that the contents may not be what is on show at present as David has just received the masters and there is work to be done yet. As well as Crecy these men at arms could be used for the Battle of Poiters, the Teutonic Order and in fact any other conflict taking place between 1330 the 1400's and a little beyond.

So, I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves:













Bye for now!

5 comments:

  1. Amazing sculpts, looking forward to these coming out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are.... I've got some of Matt's Crossbowmen on the painting table now- really dynamic and 'look like they were there' type sculpts.

      Darrell.

      Delete
  2. The claymore sword is the most famous swords in terms of military and medieval swords.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sword in your link is an 18th Century sword Jennifer and not really considered a Medieval sword.

      Darrell.

      Delete