The Battle of Verneuil 17 August 1424

The Battle of Verneuil 17th August



1424


Sunday, 7 June 2015

English Archer Conversions IV

I've been putting off the work on the second short sleeved gambesons (worn over an gambeson of the long sleeved variety) for a while now as I wasn't too confident in my sculpting ability! Anyway, I was up with the larks this morning and had a bit of time on my hands so I bit the bodkin and got to it.

The results aren't too bad really:





On close inspection of the pics I can see that I've made a few mistakes but that can be put right very quickly tomorrow with a tiny amount of putty. These will be joining their comrades in the 'Preparing for Melee' Archer bases. Of course, I still have to find time to paint them first!

Here's a quick snap of some archer bases ready for basing proper (nicely silhouetted against the window sill to keep you in suspense!):


And here a very quick pic of the two completed bases:


Bye for now

2 comments:

  1. They look nicely-sculpted, Darrell, I'm (of course) no expert on this period, but I'd say "Excellent". :)

    ReplyDelete