The Battle of Verneuil 17 August 1424

The Battle of Verneuil 17th August



1424


Monday, 30 November 2015

Haggis Rampant Men at Arms on Foot

It's been a while since my I posted anything here on La Journee, the last thing of note being the Haggis Rampant Conversions that I was working on. I'm pleased to say that the six Foot Men at Arms are now finished  and based, thus I took a few pics of the mini's earlier and thought I'd post them up now.

I think that the converted straps for the shields have come out rather well overall which is very pleasing. I did want to sculpt straps to the models holding their shields and bucklers in their hands (Fierce Foot) but time constraints soon put the kibosh on that idea.

I've got another couple of units painted that just need the basing to be painted and some grass tufts applying. With all of the retinue I've got for a bit of heather on the bases as all the fighting will be taking place on the border region of England and Scotland (in the event that the title of the post hasn't given this away!).




































And lastly a a group pic:







8 comments:

  1. These look great and I love ( and will be purloining) the color scheme. May I ask where you get those cool tufts of flowers?
    Cheers
    Thomas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thomas,

      I *think* I got them at Great Escape Games at Partizan last year.

      Darrell.

      Delete
    2. The colour scheme is based on a conjectural view of Clan Cameron's livery. In all likelihood they didn't have one but it's Lion Rampant and more Hollywood than History! I'm breaking all my own rules on this one! LOL :>)

      Darrell.

      Delete
    3. D- It's all Hollywood, baby! In real live these guys would look like they all came out of a Monty Python movie. I'll look for the foliage, cheers.
      Ths

      Delete
  2. Hate to say it, but gyronny of 8, or and sable is Campbell!!!

    (should only ever be used as casualty figures! :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that's why his Men at Arms are wearing the Campbell livery colours (conjectural) and not his coat of arms which of course they would not have been allowed to wear! :>)

      Darrell.

      Delete
  3. Very nice - can't wait to see them in action!

    ReplyDelete